LoveOsho podcast E130 Haridas
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This is one of the LoveOsho podcasts. It was recorded on 16 March 2021.
- Episode E130: Osho’s love for devotional poetry
- with Sw Anand Haridas
listen to the interview: or click to play in your browser.
- Haridas took sannyas when he was already a Dean at Murdoch University in Perth causing much clamour among his academic colleagues. Haridas chose the Sufi way of sannyas, pursuing his academic profession whilst being a spiritual seeker. Osho deeply loved Hindi devotional poets and wished his talks on Sahajo and Daya would be translated into English for the world to know about them. "Perhaps the very mentioning will create the situation for their being translated", Osho commented in Books I Have Loved. Haridas did just that.
- Today our guest is Swami Anand Haridas. Haridas is a scholar, translator and teacher. Haridas specialises in Indonesian and Malaysian literature, and Translation Studies. He received the degrees of Doctor of Philosophy in Malay Studies from the National University of Singapore and Doctor of Creative Arts from the University of Technology, Sydney. Besides his academic studies, he has translated extensively from Indonesian and Malay, from Vietnamese Francophone writing, and, co-translated from Hindi Osho’s discourses on devotional Hindi poets. Haridas fulfilled Osho’s hope that these poets might one day be known to the world at large.
- Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- 02.15 - How Haridas came to know about Osho
- 03.40 - Taking sannyas as Dean of the School of Humanities at Murdoch University in Perth
- 05.00 - Combining sannyas with academic commitments
- 07.10 - Meeting Osho in person
- 11.30 - The difference between Osho’s words in Hindi and English
- 16.50 - Why Osho wished his words on devotional Hindi poets to be translated into English
- 20.30 - The challenge of translating Osho’s words from Hindi
- 24.15 - How to present devotion in the Western world
- 26.30 - Haridas’ book on the sannyas movement
- 31.40 - Osho and the sannyas movement today
- 38.15 - The biggest challenge faced as a sannyasin
- 40.45 - The Osho sangha today
- 44.25 - Haridas’ latest projects
- 49.45 - Osho’s greatest contribution to the world
- 50.20 - The most beautiful gift received from Osho
- 50.45 - Haridas and Osho today
- Music and Voice by Chinmaya Dunster