Ma Dhyan Chetna
(Ilona Gultyayeva BA)
- I was born in Poland from Russian parents during the USSR time. I came across Osho through my older brother in 1995. We were living in post-Soviet Ukraine and he already managed to get hold of some Osho books, which were illegally copied and shared under the table during the Soviet regime. I still remember the day when we were walking in nature and Ratan (my brother’s sannyas name) started telling me about Osho, and other enlightened Masters. When I heard the name Osho, immediately I had a full recognition that he was talking about my Master. I cannot explain it to this day but since the moment I heard the word Osho, I never looked at any other direction for spiritual guidance. When Ratan was describing who Osho was, nothing seemed new to me and I was feeling alertness waking up in me, a sense of completion. For the next 10 years I spent my free time reading Osho books and trying to practice his meditations by myself.
- When in 2000 I moved to London I felt a strong urge to connect with sannyasins – I knew books were no longer enough. I needed the real practice, I wanted to grow. After a few Osho events in London, I booked myself a flight to Nepal to attend a residential meditation retreat. That’s when the desire to take sannyas literally took me off my feet, and in 2006 I became Dhyan Chetna. Following sannyas, everything changed with great speed: new relationships, new friends, new job, new me. Soon after, I became one of the leading organisers of Osho events in London. I wanted the whole world to hear about Osho. I still have this never ending desire to show the world how beautiful Osho is and all of his work. I am so grateful to have come across Osho, even though I have never met him in the body. His meditations changed my whole chemistry and thinking process. I feel so much more joyful and free and I am absolutely sure more is coming. My life feels like a blessing.
- I hold a BA in Languages & Literature and a BA in Business and Finance.
- I have built my career in the City of London over the last 15 years, whilst never forgetting my meditation practice. I have taken part in hundreds of meditation retreats all over the world and have spent long periods of time in India and Nepal to deepen my own meditation practice.
- In addition to my regular investment banking job, I am a Body Control Pilates teacher and an experienced, certified meditation facilitator. I understand the obstacles to meditation faced by many office workers, who are bound to sedentary lifestyle.
- I am passionate about the body/mind connection and fascinated by the human body mechanism.
- I teach how to bring awareness to the body, combining meditation with body movement.