Mahageeta Bhag 1 ~ 03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
महागीता, भाग एक ~ 03
|date & time||13 Sep 1976 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 35min. Quality: good. Sanskrit chant before the discourse.|
|online text||find a PDF of this event|
- The sutra
- Ashtavakra said:
- "You are the one observer of all, and in reality always free. Your bondage is this: you see the other -- not yourself -- as the observer.
- 'I am the doer,' thus has the black serpent of ego bitten you. 'I am not the doer,' drink this nectar of trust and be happy.
- 'I am the one pure knowing,' thus having burnt the forest of your ignorance with this fire of certainty and being beyond sorrow, be happy.
- This imaginary world is projected like a snake on a rope. Knowing this you are bliss, ultimate bliss, thus wander happily. He who considers himself free is free, and he who considers himself bound is bound; because in this world the proverb is true: 'As you think so you are'.
- Atma is the witness, all-pervading, perfect, one, free, conscious, free from doing, nonattached, desireless, peaceful. Because of illusion, it looks like the world.
- 'I am an individually projected life,' drop this illusion and also the feeling of inner and outer, and awaken in the thought that you are the unchanging, conscious, non-dual atma."
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|