Osho: Intimate Glimpses
- This book is based on a series interviews with Sw Anand Bhikkhu and Waduda, in September 2010 in Santa Fe NM, USA. They are from Anando's recollection, prompted by the notebooks she kept as Osho's personal secretary.
- Back cover:
- Through a series soft poignant memories and anecdotes, Anando offers a glimpse into the private life of the twentieth-century mystic, Osho, through her unique perspective as one of his caretakers and secretaries in the last years of his life.
- These stories, never before shared publicly, show another side of the man described by The Times (London) as "one of the makers of the twentieth century". Anando reveals the sense of humor and fearlessness with which he navigated the controve4rsies that hounded him in his later years, as well as the immense compassion and love with which he worked on those closest to him.
- Ma Deva Anando
- About this book there is a big discussion, see Osho: Intimate Glimpses - reviews.
- Review by Padma and Ashika in Osho News. See also for availability.
- Excerpt in Osho News
Osho: Intimate Glimpses
table of contents
|Preface: The Story||xi|
|The Day Osho Left the Body (19 January 1990)||5|
|Osho’s Final Words||8|
| Osho has said that the last words of a master are significant.
What does it mean that Osho’s last words were, ‘Anando will be my medium' ?
|Becoming Part of Osho’s Personal Household||12|
|How did you come to be Osho’s secretary!||12|
|And how did you come to also be one of his caretakers!||19|
|How did you become a sannyasin! How did you meet Osho!||24|
|What did you do in Pune in the seventies!||28|
|And then at the ranch, in America, you were part of the legal team!||29|
|Personal Experiences With Osho||30|
|Can you tell us about Osho’s dental sessions!||30|
|Who was there!||30|
|Didn’t Osho use laughing gas in those sessions!||32|
|What happened in these sessions!||33|
|Tell the story of the ghost.||39|
|Were there any mysteries with Osho!||47|
|What about the blue ‘Om’!||48|
|Tell us about the time you had to bow down to everyone in Buddha Hall.||48|
|Wasn’t there a time when you really did leave!||56|
|What other insights did you have about yourself!||58|
|Other Glimpses of Osho’s Private Life||64|
|Can you say something about the last nine months Osho was in the body!||64|
|Tell us about Osho’s room.||68|
|What was his lifestyle!||70|
| Osho’s body became more and more fragile; we could all see that.
What can you say about it!
|Why did Osho want his room so cold!||73|
|What kind of music did Osho listen to!||74|
|And didn’t he watch some movies!||74|
|I heard Osho had a photographic memory and read many books a day.||75|
|And what about his own books! How many are there!||76|
|What did he talk about!||77|
|Was there anything different about the last period of discourses!||78|
|It was a little unusual, wasn’t it, to be a ‘rich’ guru as Osho was!||80|
|Is that why he used jokes in what were essentially religious discourses!||81|
|What was Osho’s involvement in his books!||81|
|Why was Osho’s photo so important that he wanted it on all his books!||84|
|Didn’t Osho leave a list of books to be published!||85|
|And didn’t Osho give you a special project, Philosia!||86|
|Osho in America (June 1981 - November 1985)||89|
|What can you tell us about Osho’s experience in the United States!||89|
|What is the story of Osho’s poisoning!||92|
|So the after-effects of this time lingered on into Pune Two!||95|
|Why did Osho go to America!||96|
|How did the problems in America start!||97|
|Why didn’t Osho stop Sheela!||100|
|What happened to all the Rolls Royces!||104|
|Touring the World With Osho||107|
| After Osho was thrown out of America, he spent some months in Kulu Manali.
Why did he again leave India!
|What was the problem with Laxmi!||108|
| Osho traveled to a lot of countries after he left Kathmandu,
but he was denied entry or deported. Why!
|What happened after Osho went to Kathmandu!||113|
|So, what happened in Greece?||114|
|What happened in Sweden!||117|
|What happened in Ireland!||120|
|After Ireland was Uruguay!||121|
|The Last Period—the Return to India and Pune Two||127|
|Talk about when Osho returned to Mumbai.||127|
|Why did Osho return to Pune (Pune Two)?||128|
|Why was he called the ‘sex’ guru?||130|
|Why did Osho decide to change his name?||131|
|Why did Osho always have women in positions of responsibility?||132|
|Did Osho leave something like a will?||133|
|Did he give any guidance about what will happen when he leaves the body?||134|
|Did Osho leave a successor?||135|
|As well as the Inner Circle, wasn’t there another committee?||136|
|How did the Inner Circle work?||136|
|What do you mean that the Inner Circle didn’t work out?||138|
|How was life for you after Osho left his body?||139|
|Appendix: The Inner Circle Members||153|