Returning to the Source ~ 09
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|19 Dec 1974 am
|Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona
|Available, duration 1h 36min. Quality: good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- An old man who was born in Yen, but grew up in Chu'u decided to return to his native country.
- While he was passing through the state of Chin his companions decided to play a joke on him.
- Pointing to a city they said to him: This is the capital of Yen. The old man composed himself and looked solemn. Inside the city they pointed out a shrine: This is the shrine of your quarter. He breathed a deep sigh. They pointed out a hut: This was your father's cottage. Tears welled up. They pointed out a mound: This is your father's tomb. He could not help weeping aloud.
- His companions roared with laughter: We are teasing you -- you are still only in Chin. The old man was very embarrassed.
- When he reached Yen, and really saw the capital, and the shrine of his quarter, and his father's cottage and tomb, he did not feel it so deeply.
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►