Roots and Wings ~ 10
|date & time||19 Jun 1974 am|
|location||Lao Tzu balcony, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 46min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Since 1992, first for re-mastered audios, this series is known as A Bird on the Wing.
- Reader of the sutras/questions: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- Buddha was to give a special talk one day, and thousands of followers had come from miles around.
- When Buddha appeared he was holding a flower. Time passed, but Buddha said nothing. He just looked at the flower. The crowd grew restless, but Mahakashyap, who could restrain himself no longer, laughed.
- Buddha beckoned him over, handed him the flower, and said to the crowd, "I have the eye of the true teaching. All that can be given with words I have given to you; but with this flower, I give to Mahakashyap the key to this teaching."
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, Buddha had many enlightened people around him, yet he felt something special for this one enlightened person.
- Is there something different in enlightenments?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|