- थोड़े से साहस की जरूरत है और आनंद के खजाने बहुत दूर नहीं हैं। थोड़े से साहस की जरूरत है और नर्क को आप ऐसे ही उतार कर रख सकते हैं, जैसे कि कोई आदमी धूल-धवांस से भर गया हो रास्ते की, राह की, और आ कर स्नान कर ले और धूल बह जाए। बस ऐसे ही ध्यान स्नान है। दुख धूल है। और जब धूल झड़ जाती है और स्नान की ताजगी आती है, तो भीतर से जो सुख, जो आनंद की झलक मिलने लगती है, वह आपका स्वभाव है।
- पुस्तक के मुख्य विषय-बिंदु:
- कैसे दुख मिटे? कैसे आनंद उपलब्ध हो?
- महत्वाकांक्षा अभिशाप है।
- जीवन में आत्म-स्मरण की जरूरत कब पैदा होती है?
- यदि परमात्त्मा सभी का स्वभाव है तो संसार की जरूरत क्या है?
- This book covers a thematic ground similar to that of The New Alchemy: To Turn You On, commentaries on Mabel Collins' Light on the Path, though neither is a translation of the other. They were given concurrently with those for Alchemy, in much the same way as That Art Thou and the Hindi discourses on its three Upanishads. For a TOC and more about this, see the remarks and discussion.
- Sadhana Sutra has also been divided into a three-volume format by Diamond, titled as follows:
- Ch.2 published separately as Trishna (तृष्णा).
- Translated to English as The Voice of Silence.
- time period of Osho's original talks/writings
- 6 - 14 Apr 1973 : timeline
- number of discourses/chapters
- 17/20 (see table of contents)
A few things about the book's contents: The broad thematic similarity with The New Alchemy: To Turn You On means that much of that book's general description might apply here, though details will differ. A significant difference is the chapter structure. Listening to the 20 audio-recordings of this series as offered by Osho World, we come to the following conclusions:
- The 17 chapters of this book are in the audios #1-17.
- In the audio, each Hindi discourse is followed by an English discourse and all except the first end with (the beginning of) a meditation conducted by Osho, talking both Hindi and English.
- These 17 English discourses comprise the preface and first 17 chapters of Alchemy. (Audio #7 contains chapters 6 and 7.)
- The three audios #18-20 contain meditations:
- #18 is named -Dynamic 1, but is in fact Tratak, and it can be attributed to audio #5
- #19 is named -Dynamic 2. It is the same as #20
- #20 is named -Tratak, but it is in fact Dynamic, and it belongs to audio #2.
- (The 17-chapter appendix of Alchemy where Osho talks about meditation, i.e. its audios #18-34, are each given after Samadhi Ke Sapt Dwar (समाधि के सप्त द्वार) #1-17, so are not directly related to this material.)
Again, this book itself has 17 chapters, apparently relating only to the Mabel Collins themes. It is not known how precisely the content of the Hindi and the English talks on a given day mirror each other. This is comparable to the meetings of That Art Thou.
About the editions, a few more things: All the info on the Sadhana Foundation's 2006 "4th reprint" edition came from a G**gle Books Preview. It can likely be taken at face value, implying that the Rebel 2003 edition was also one of those reprints, albeit with a different cover. Additionally, the ISBN-10 (Rebel's) and -13 (Sadhana's) are so similar as to be considered the same book. And, as often, the OMI 2012 edition is attributed in some places to Rebel. FWIW, the ten extra pages in that edition are likely bumpf about Osho, OIF, the Resort and the like.
A small, niggling-picky matter that may need comment: The title of the book was hyphenated (as "Sadhana-Sutra") in the earlier version of this book's page. It has been changed not because that was in error, but ... All the cover images, and those of the subdivided Diamond editions as well for that matter, show the Devanagari title hyphenated, and the cover is an important criterion. But in text representations everywhere, the title is not hyphenated. That everywhereness has been deemed to outweigh the covers.
table of contents
- विषय सूची:
- 1 : महत्वाकांक्षा
- 2 : जीवन की तृष्णा
- 3 : द्वैतभाव
- 4 : उत्तेजना एवं आकांक्षा
- 5 : अप्राप्य की इच्छा
- 6 : स्वामित्व की अभीप्सा
- 7 : मार्ग की शोध
- 8 : मार्ग की प्राप्ति
- 9 : एकमात्र पथ-निर्देश
- 10 : जीवन-संग्राम में साक्षीभाव
- 11 : जीवन का संगीत
- 12 : स्वर-बद्धता का पाठ
- 13 : जीवन का सम्मान
- 14 : अंतरात्मा का सम्मान
- 15 : पूछो—पवित्र पुरुषों से
- 16 : पूछो—अपने ही अंतरतम से
- 17 : अदृश्य का दर्शन