Sufis The People of the Path Vol 1 ~ 05
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|15 Aug 1977 am
|Buddha Hall, Poona
|Available, duration 1h 35min. Quality: good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- A man came to Bahaudin shah and said, 'First I followed this teacher and then that one. Next I studied these books, and then those. I feel that although I know nothing of you and your teachings, this experience has been slowly preparing me to learn from you.'
- The shah answered, 'Nothing you have learned in the past will help you here. If you are to stay with us, you will have to abandon all pride in the past. That is a form of self-congratulation.'
- The man exclaimed, 'This is, to me, the proof that you are the great, the real and true teacher! For none whom I had met in the past has dared to deny the value of what I had studied before!'
- Bahaudin said, 'This feeling is in itself unworthy. In accepting me so enthusiastically and without understanding, you are flattering yourself that you have perceptions which are in fact lacking in you.'
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►