The Empty Boat ~ 10
|date & time||19 Jul 1974 am|
|location||Lao Tzu balcony, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 33min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- How does the true man of Tao
- Walk through walls without obstruction
- And stand in fire without being burnt?
- Not because of cunning or daring,
- Not because he has learned --
- But because he has unlearned.
- His nature sinks to its root in the one.
- His vitality, his power,
- Hide in secret Tao.
- When he is all one,
- There is no flaw in him
- By which a wedge can enter.
- So a drunken man who falls out of a wagon
- Is bruised, but not destroyed.
- His bones are like the bones of other men,
- But his fall is different.
- His spirit is entire.
- He is not aware of getting into a wagon,
- Or falling out of one.
- Life and death are nothing to him.
- He knows no alarm,
- He meets obstacles without thought, without care,
- And takes them without knowing they are there.
- If there is such security in wine,
- How much more in Tao?
- The wise man is hidden in Tao,
- Nothing can touch him.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|