The Messiah Vol 1 ~ 06
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|11 Jan 1987 am
|Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Pune
|Available, duration 2h 25min. Quality: good.
|Available, duration 2h 25min. Quality: not so good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Anand Vimal.
- The sutra
- Then said Almitra, speak to us of love.
- And he raised his head and looked upon the people, and there fell a stillness upon them. And with a great voice he said:
- When love beckons to you, follow him,
- Though his ways are hard and steep.
- And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
- Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
- And when he speaks to you believe in him,
- Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the North wind lays waste the garden.
- For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
- Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
- So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.
- Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
- He threshes you to make you naked.
- He sifts you to free you from your husks.
- He grinds you to whiteness.
- He kneads you until you are pliant;
- And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.
- All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of life's heart.
- But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure, then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor, into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►