The Original Man ~ 08
|event type||discourse & meditation|
|date & time||23 Aug 1988 pm|
|location||Gautam the Buddha Auditorium, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 28min. Quality: good.|
Osho leading meditation from 1:16:22.
Live music after the discourse.
|video||Available, duration 1h 41min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutra: Ma Prem Maneesha. Questions are being read by Osho himself.
After discourse Osho leads No-Mind Meditation.
- The sutra
- Tozan said:
- Subtly included within the true, inquiry and response come up together. Communing with the source and communing with the process, it includes integration and includes the road.
- Merging is auspicious. Do not violate it. Naturally real, yet inconceivable, it is not within the province of delusion or enlightenment. With causal conditions, time and season, quiescently it shines bright. In its fineness it fits into spacelessness. In its greatness it is utterly beyond location. A hairbreadth deviation will fail to accord with the proper attunement.
- Now, there are "sudden" and "gradual" in connection with which are set up basic approaches. Once basic approaches are distinguished, then there are guiding rules. But even though the basis is reached and the approach comprehended, true eternity still flows.
- Outwardly still, while inwardly moving, like a tethered colt, a trapped rat -- the ancient saints pitied them, and bestowed upon them the teaching.
- According to their delusion, they called black as white.
- When erroneous imaginations cease, the acquiescent no-mind realizes itself.
- When the wooden man begins to sing, the stone woman gets up to dance; it's not within reach of feeling or discrimination -- how could it admit of consideration in thought?
- Practice secretly, working within, as though a fool, like an idiot -- if you can achieve continuity, this is called the host within the host.
- Question 1
- Our Beloved Master, Tozan speaks of "proper attunement..."
- Is not proper attunement, or being in harmony with the master, a truer expression of what transpires between master and disciple than surrender? Or is surrender a prerequisite before one can hope to be in tune?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|