The Sword and the Lotus ~ 21
|date & time||10 Feb 1986 pm|
|location||Oberoi Soaltee Hotel, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|audio||Available, duration 2h 19min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 2h 21min. Quality: not good, a constant audio-noise. Video-noise during Osho leaving (under revision).|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: unideitified Indian man and a Western woman.
- Question 1
- Beloved master, good evening. Islam has offered it with the Koran, and Christianity with the Bible. What is your offer?
- Question 2
- Beloved master, I am puzzled as to why I have identified myself with this particular body and ego. And if my essence is in the universal consciousness, what keeps me from seeing through the eyes of other beings?
- Question 3
- Beloved master, this question is from a lady who is staying here at the hotel....
- Question 4
- Beloved master, can the watcher, the consciousness, ever be judgmental about what he sees, or is it still the ego judging the ego, the mind condemning itself?
- Question 5
- When you spoke to me the other night, you said I was coming closer to a real question. I felt so incredibly excited to hear you speaking to me. This excitement helped me to understand that when I asked about your seemingly insulting remarks, I was asking out of fear. I was afraid you weren't being loving -- that if you don't love Polacks, maybe you also don't love me.
- So I understand that what I wanted to ask was: Do you love me? But whether the answer is yes or no, what does it matter? Isn't the real question: Do I love myself? And that answer is no. And my real fear is that I will never find this love in the deep well from which I should draw nurturing and love for myself. There is only a mud puddle in which I wallow.
- I hear you say I must walk the path alone -- I am so afraid. While traveling this river of existence, I have been battered against huge boulders and am afraid to travel any farther. Sometimes I can feel that this fear is my own creation but it is so strong it stops my breath. I do not want to give up. Is there any help you can give me?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|