Until You Die ~ 07
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|17 Apr 1975 am
|Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona
|Available, duration 1h 19min. Quality: good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the sutra: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- A man went to a doctor and told him that his wife was not bearing children.
- The physician saw the woman, took her pulse and said: 'I cannot treat you for sterility because I have discovered that you will in any case die within forty days.'
- When she heard this the woman was so worried that she could eat nothing during the ensuing forty days.
- But she did not die at the time predicted, so the husband took the matter up with the doctor, who said:
- 'Yes, I knew that. Now she will be fertile.'
- The husband asked how this came about.
- The doctor told him:
- 'Your wife was too fat, and this was interfering with her fertility. I knew that the only thing that would put her off her food would be the fear of dying. She is now, therefore, cured.'
- The question of knowledge is a very dangerous one.
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►