Yoga The Alpha and Omega Vol 07 ~ 08
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||8 Jan 1976 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 19min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: n/a; questions are being read by Osho himself.
- Question 1
- Osho, once you referred to Sartre saying that when he was asked in an interview. "What is the most significant thing in your life?" Sartre replied everything. To love to live, to smoke. And then you remarked that this reply is very Zen-like. But does Sartre have a Zen-consciousness?
- Question 2 from Amitabh
- Herman Hesse's Siddhartha speaks thusly to Buddha:
- "O illustrious one, in one thing above all have I admired your teachings. Everything is completely clear and proved. You show the world as a complete, unbroken chain -- an eternal chain. Completely coherent, embracing the big and the small from the same stream. Not for one moment do I doubt that you are Buddha, that you have reached the highest which so many thousand are striving to reach. You have done so by your own seeking, in your own way. You have learned nothing through teachings, and so I think, o illustrious one, that no one finds salvation through teachings. To nobody can you communicate in your teachings what happened to you in the moment of your enlightenment, the secret of what the Buddha himself experienced -- he alone among hundreds of thousands.
- This is why I am going on my way -- not to seek another and better teacher, for there are none better, but to reach alone -- or die."
- Would you comment?
- Question 3
- If there is no personal god then why do you answer my thoughts every morning? If the listening is there will the process continue when I return to the West?
- Question 4
- Osho, your answer about the heart which was approximately yogi reminded me of the following interchange:
- Wife: "Darling, since we married, do you love me more, or less?"
- Husband: "More or less."
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|