Early Talks ~ 04
|date & time||22 Sep 1970 pm|
|location||CCI Chambers, Bombay|
- Reader of the questions: unknown.
- Question 1
- I have been slumbering all of my life, and as you can see it's been quite a long time. The other day I read Who am I?, particularly the section on meditation, and it was quite revealing, I felt. Very revealing.
- I came for two reasons: to get some help myself, psychologically, and also to help some other people, psychologically, since I work with people who are mentally ill. Not mentally deficient people or mentally retarded, but mentally disturbed. I am sure that some of your work -- when I study it -- is going to be a great help. So I wonder if you could give me some pointers on keeping awake. I've been slumbering so many years.
- Question 2
- Is it impersonal?
- Question 3
- Yes. Quite a journey!
- Question 4
- Question 5
- Instead of going through a lot of nonsense...
- Question 6
- It's what they would identify as being alert. Do you think this is being alert?
- Question 7
- We work at it.
- Question 8
- That way the therapist can relax too.
- Question 9
- Eventually the question arises.... Who is going to be a therapist if we are all sick, as you are saying?
- Question 10
- Like a psychological collective.
- Question 11
- ... And all the while, the patient gets more ill.
- Question 12
- It is often said that we should watch sex, anger, etc. Does it really work? If one comes to any unburdening experience through that watching, is that a lasting thing? Otherwise, what is the use of watching? Would not sex, anger, etc. Overpower one again? -- it doesn't make sense to the intelligence.
- Krishnamurti says the same. In your books also I have read the same.
- Question 13
- Does this apply to sex also?
- Question 14
- Yes, sannyasins look very angry.
- Question 15
- Doubt starts coming to me.
- Question 16
- Does any growth happen through that too?
- Question 17
- What Krishnamurti calls awareness....
- Question 18
- About awareness what is your opinion ? Can one be aware day and night continuously?
- Question 19
- I won't mention Krishnamurti. I'll ask directly. It's about awareness.... Can one be aware from dawn to dusk -- twenty-four hours a day?
- Question 20
- Question 21
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|