Sw Devateerth Bharti
(Shree Babu Lal Jain)
Osho’s father was from Timarni, a small town in the Hoshanabad district of Madhya Pradesh. He was born in Mar 21, 1908 into a family of Digambara Jains of the Taran Panthi sect, who worshiped the Jain saint Taran Swami.
Devateerth died enlightened on Sep 8, 1979. At the death celebration in Buddha Hall, Osho placed flowers on his father's body and touched his head. Osho then created an annual festival on the 8th of September, Mahaparanirvana Day, to celebrate all sannyasins, past and future, who have died and will die.
- see also
- Excerpts from Osho's biography at Osho World
- An image compilation about his death celebration
- Osho’s father – Devateerth Bharti at Osho News
- 8th September 1979: The first Mahaparinirvana Day
- Kahe Hot Adheer (काहे होत अधीर)
- Ma Amrit Saraswati
- Osho's family