The Dhammapada Vol 02 ~ 01
|date & time||1 Jul 1979 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 45min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- How can a troubled mind
- Understand the way?
- If a man is disturbed
- He will never be filled with knowledge.
- An untroubled mind,
- No longer seeking to consider
- What is right and what is wrong,
- A mind beyond judgments,
- Watches and understands.
- Know that the body is a fragile jar,
- And make a castle of your mind.
- In every trial
- Let understanding fight for you
- To defend what you have won.
- For soon the body is discarded.
- Then what does it feel?
- A useless log of wood, it lies on the ground.
- Then what does it know?
- Your worst enemy cannot harm you
- As much as your own thoughts, unguarded.
- But once mastered,
- No one can help you as much,
- Not even your father or your mother.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|