The Transmission of the Lamp ~ 44
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||17 Jun 1986 am|
|location||Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 14min. Quality: good.|
|video||Available, duration 1h 18min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, every time you talk about transforming passion into compassion, something in my heart gets triggered; but still, I do not understand what it means.
- Could you explain it to me again?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, I have been feeling more and more ashamed of being an American after seeing the disgraceful way you were treated there.
- And it seems the symbiotic economic relationships between the USA and other governments make it very difficult even for other nations to act independently towards you.
- It has become a conflict for me to even participate in the economy of the U.S. and enjoy its benefits, knowing that the taxes I pay help to keep it in the business of violating human rights all over the world.
- Can you comment on whether it is even possible to "render unto caesar what is caesar's" and still maintain some integrity and self respect? I feel like such a hypocrite going about my business as usual, but if I open my mouth there is usually trouble.
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, there seem to be connected stages through which man has passed -- from tribe to family to commune, from magico-religions to pseudo-religions to the religionless religion, and from nomadic hunter-gatherer to the agriculturalist, and now to the existential gypsy.
- Are these trends really connected?
- Question 4 from Premda
- Beloved Osho, all of us have missed in past lives; otherwise we wouldn't be having the wonderful experience of sitting at your feet instead of being dissolved into the whole forever.
- The other night you said that my constant longing is a proof that I am carrying a seed from my past life, and that I shouldn't miss this life but let the seed sprout and die consciously so that I can work on in the next life -- even without a master. You have already excluded Maneesha and Milarepa from disappearing. Am I also doomed to go round again?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|