The Transmission of the Lamp ~ 45
|date & time||17 Jun 1986 pm|
|location||Punta Del Este, Montevideo, Uruguay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 38min. Quality: good.|
Live music after the discourse.
|video||Available, duration 1h 39min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, the Vatican has just issued a statement in which the Pope suggests that cults, sects and "new religions" should be seen as a challenge to church and society.
- The statement says that deprogramming of cult members is misguided. The Vatican made the statement after consulting Catholic experts in seventy-five countries. Have you any comment?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, I recently read about an American woman who claims to be possessed by a thirty-five-thousand-year-old being from Atlantis called Ramtha.
- The woman dispenses mystical messages from Ramtha via satellite TV, in concert halls, and on thousands of audio tapes. People pay up to four hundred dollars a seat to hear the thirty-five-thousand-year-old outpourings which, just by coincidence, seem to be based on a fair amount of modern, self-help therapy.
- I know you say to trust existence, but I cannot help but be skeptical. Can you help me?
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, when I read the first book I had ever read of yours, Come follow me, and I came to the story of Bodhidharma who was staring at the wall, I collapsed in great laughter for almost an hour. The following night I had an extraordinary dream because I dreamed in words -- which I had never done before. It was a four-second dream:
- An old man asked a young man, "Is?"
- The young man answered, "Yes."
- The old man asked, "What?"
- The young man said, "Nothing."
- Please comment.
- Question 4
- Beloved Osho, Shrivatsa Goswami, the so-called spiritual master of the International Society of Krishna Consciousness, the Hare Krishnas, has recently stated that you are "very low class, not to be counted as a religion, an outright scoundrel."
- Do you have any words for this saint?
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|