Beyond Enlightenment ~ 23
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||25 Oct 1986 pm|
|location||Sumila, Juhu, Bombay|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 58min. Quality: good.|
Live music after the discourse.
|video||Available, duration 2h 2min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, today, after a year, I am coming to see you, to be with you. And since I awoke this morning I have been aware that my heart is beating harder and quicker than usual, and that there is a hollow, stage fright feeling in my belly. Tears are close to my eyes, but there is no sadness. On one hand I can see it as fear, nervousness. On another it is excitement, anticipation, and on yet another it is energy, pure and simple -- life, pulsation.
- Beloved friend, it certainly doesn't feel to be a problem, but could you speak about the phenomenon of the disciple coming closer to the physical body of the master?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, one day -- it was Friday, when orthodox Jews are preparing for the Sabbath -- a man who didn't like Jews met an orthodox rabbi on the street. In an attempt to torment him, he asked him to express the entire philosophy of Judaism while he stood on one foot.
- The rabbi stood on one foot and said, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That is the law -- the rest is commentary."
- If I were to be met by a tormentor and asked to stand on one foot and explain in one sentence what your teaching is, would I be correct in saying that it is freedom from suppression?
- Question 3
- Beloved Osho, at Rajneeshpuram in 1983 something from the beyond entered into me. Since then I have not been the same person anymore. My old goals and desires have faded away. Things which were meaningful to me before have lost their importance.
- But when I talk to people about meditation, silence, and what keeps us away from it, a great new energy and clearness starts rising in me. Every cell of my body becomes alive. I myself become a listener to what is said through me, and I feel grateful and very loving towards the people with whom I can share.
- Beloved Master, have I become a flute, an instrument for the beyond? Or is my ego playing a horrible joke on me? Please comment.
- Question 4
- Beloved Osho, why do I always compromise?
- Question 5
- This is a joke for my Beloved Master:
- It has always been one of the most profound questions throughout the ages -- was Jesus Christ a Jew or not? Recently, scientists have made substantial progress towards finding the answer. The results of their research were first made public a few months ago.
- Jesus was a Jew for three important reasons:
- (1) he lived with his mother all his life;
- (2) his mother always called him 'the best'; and
- (3) starting out with a gift of just two pieces of wood, he managed to set up an international company....
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|