Dang Dang Doko Dang ~ 05
|date & time||15 Jun 1976 am|
|location||Chuang Tzu Auditorium, Poona|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 26min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- The sutra
- There was an old woman in China who had supported a monk for over twenty years. She had built a hut for him, and she fed him while he was meditating.
- One day she decided to find out just what progress he had made in all this time.
- She obtained the help of a girl rich in desire, and said to her: 'Go and embrace him, and then ask him suddenly, "What now?"'
- The girl called upon the monk and immediately started caressing him, and asking him what he was going to do about it.
- 'An old tree grows on a rock in winter,' replied the monk somewhat poetically, 'nowhere is there any warmth.'
- The girl returned and related what he had said.
- 'To think I fed that fellow for twenty years!' exclaimed the old woman in anger. 'He showed no consideration for your need, no disposition to explain your condition. He need not have responded to passion, but at least he should have experienced some compassion.'
- She at once went to the hut of the monk and burnt it down.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|