The Dhammapada Vol 05 ~ 03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||13 Oct 1979 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 42min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- Vainly I sought the builder of my house
- Through countless lives.
- I could not find him....
- How hard it is to tread life after life!
- But now I see you, o builder!
- And never again shall you build my house.
- I have snapped the rafters,
- Split the ridgepole
- And beaten out desire.
- And now my mind is free.
- There are no fish in the lake.
- The long-legged cranes stand in the water.
- Sad is the man who in his youth
- Lived loosely and squandered his fortune --
- Sad is a broken bow,
- And sadly is he sighing
- After all that has arisen and passed away.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|