The Dhammapada Vol 05 ~ 05
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time||15 Oct 1979 am|
|location||Buddha Hall, Pune|
|audio||Available, duration 1h 50min. Quality: good.|
|online text||find the PDF of this discourse|
- Reader of the sutras: Sw Ananda Teertha.
- The sutra
- Love yourself and watch --
- Today, tomorrow, always.
- First establish yourself in the way,
- Then teach,
- And so defeat sorrow.
- To straighten the crooked
- You must first do a harder thing --
- Straighten yourself.
- You are your only master.
- Who else?
- Subdue yourself,
- And discover your master.
- Willfully you have fed
- Your own mischief.
- Soon it will crush you
- As the diamond crushes stone.
- By your own folly
- You will be brought as low
- As your worst enemy wishes.
- So the creeper chokes the tree.
- How hard it is to serve yourself,
- How easy to lose yourself
- In mischief and folly.
- The Katthaka reed dies when it bears fruit.
- So the fool,
- Scorning the teachings of the awakened,
- Spurning those who follow the law,
- Perishes when his folly flowers.
|◄ Previous event||Next event ►|
|◄ Previous in series||Next in series ►|