Who Am I
- Osho, Ch. 1.:
- "There are only two alternatives: escape from the self or awakening in the self. There must be an external object for escape; and for awakening there must be a disillusionment about the utility of external attractions.
- As long as God is external, it is mundane; it is an illusion; it is a hallucination. Man has invented Him to find an escape from the self and to run away from it.
- Friend, the first thing, therefore, which I have to say is that we need not investigate God, Truth, Liberation, or Emancipation. Let us investigate the investigator himself."
- translated from
- Hindi: Main Kaun Hun? (मैं कौन हूं?) (writings) by Dr. Dayanand Bhargava
- The design of the cover is shared with The Earthen Lamps (1968), Seeds of Revolutionary Thought (1969) and Wings of Love and Random Thoughts (1969).
- Later published as part of The Long and the Short and the All (1979), see the discussion there.
- Later published, with a new translation, as Immortal Words, in the osho.com library.
- time period of Osho's original talks/writings
- Unknown (but a part of Main Kaun Hun? is from Mar 1967) : timeline
- number of discourses/chapters
- 17 (see table of contents)
Who Am I
Who Am I
table of contents
| editions 1968 and 1973
|writings & discourses|
|1||Who Am I||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|2||What Is Dharma||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|3||Religious Faith in the Fire of Science||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|4||The Science of Man||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|5||Freedom from Thought for the Birth of Thoughts||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|6||Let Us Live and Know||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|7||The Aim of Education||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|8||The Right to the Property of Life||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|9||The Process of Meditation||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|10||The Unknown Roots of Life||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|11||What Is Non-Violence||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|12||The Direction of Happiness||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|13||Ask for and Get it
(1973 edition: Ask and Receive)
|14||Love is God
(1973 edition: TOC - God Is Love; ch-title - Love is God)
|15||Morality, Fear and Love||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|16||The Meaning of Non-Violence||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|17||I Teach Death||≤ 1967||unknown||unknown||none|