Who Am I
- Osho, Ch. 1.:
- "There are only two alternatives: escape from the self or awakening in the self. There must be an external object for escape; and for awakening there must be a disillusionment about the utility of external attractions.
- As long as God is external, it is mundane; it is an illusion; it is a hallucination. Man has invented Him to find an escape from the self and to run away from it.
- Friend, the first thing, therefore, which I have to say is that we need not investigate God, Truth, Liberation, or Emancipation. Let us investigate the investigator himself."
- translated from
- Hindi: Main Kaun Hun? (मैं कौन हूं?) (writings) by Dr. Dayanand Bhargava
- The design of the cover is shared with The Earthen Lamps (1968), Seeds of Revolutionary Thought (1969) and Wings of Love and Random Thoughts (1969).
- Later published as part of The Long and the Short and the All (1979), see the discussion there.
- Later published, with a new translation, as Immortal Words, in the osho.com library.
- Following chapters published in Sw Ageh Bharti's book Beloved Osho: chapter 1 as ch.10 there ("Who Am I?"), ch.15 as ch.11 ("Morality, Fear and Love")
- time period of Osho's original talks/writings
- <1967 : timeline
- number of discourses/chapters
- 17 (see table of contents)
Who Am I
Who Am I
table of contents
| editions 1968 and 1973
|writings & discourses|
|1||Who Am I||< 1967||Jabalpur||unknown||none|
|2||What Is Dharma||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|3||Religious Faith in the Fire of Science||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|4||The Science of Man||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|5||Freedom from Thought for the Birth of Thoughts||< 1967||Jabalpur||unknown||none|
|6||Let Us Live and Know||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|7||The Aim of Education||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|8||The Right to the Property of Life||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|9||The Process of Meditation||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|10||The Unknown Roots of Life||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|11||What Is Non-Violence||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|12||The Direction of Happiness||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|13||Ask for and Get It
(1973 edition: Ask and Receive)
|14||Love Is God
(1973 edition: TOC - God Is Love; ch-title - Love Is God)
|15||Morality, Fear and Love||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|16||The Meaning of Non-Violence||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|
|17||I Teach Death||< 1967||unknown||unknown||none|