Beyond Enlightenment ~ 05
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|date & time
|7 Oct 1986 pm
|Sumila, Juhu, Bombay
|Available, duration 2h 3min. Quality: good.
Live music after the discourse.
|Available, duration 2h 5min. Quality: good.
|find the PDF of this discourse
- Reader of the questions: Ma Prem Maneesha.
- Question 1
- Beloved Osho, the first time I met you, I said "no" to your question as to whether I had a question, and in all these eight years I have never asked any.
- Now my mind seems to be exploding with questions, out of which it is hard to choose any satisfying to a German perfectionist; yet I feel almost in panic -- I don't want to miss that chance.
- Osho, why is there that constant fear of missing the train?
- Question 2
- Beloved Osho, it is such a joy seeking out a question -- it comes word by word and surprises me as it appears on the paper.
- Being here with you has been more moment-to-moment and less plan-filled than any other time in my life.
- The question is: Where do these questions come from? How does seeking them out empty our minds and cleanse our beings?
- I love you beyond my understanding. Thank you again and again.
- Question 3 from Lokita
- Beloved Osho, Govind Siddharth's enlightenment showed me that I am not connected with enlightenment at all. I cannot imagine how I would feel being enlightened. I realized how far away it is for me, and that I am not really seeking it.
- Concerning myself, I have mostly forgotten about the state called enlightenment. I see that I am only longing for it when I am in a state of pain, and feel lost, and don't know any more what to do. But in moments of happiness and fulfillment, enlightenment does not exist at all.
- Would you please comment on this?
- Question 4 from Pratap
- Beloved Osho, I have a story to tell:
- It happened in the early second half of the month of June, 1985, when I was living in Rajneeshpuram.
- One morning, soon after I woke, I took a pee in the bathroom, and felt a tidal wave of relaxation descending on me as it sometimes happens in the last stage of your meditation techniques. The relaxation was all over me, and my eyelids closed gently and instantly. I couldn't move or stop this tidal wave feeling.
- As my eyes closed, you appeared in all your beauty. Your physical presence was so real and intoxicating -- as one sees and feels you in a darshan, sitting in the first row. But in a moment you started disappearing, beginning from all sides of your body, and a deep blackness started taking your place. Soon all that was left was a deep, deep blackness of a kind I have never seen before. It gave a feeling of terror, and lasted for a couple of minutes.
- As I came out of this experience I was stunned, dazed, almost drained. I was full of a deep inner pain; I was very shaky and upset, as the meaning that somehow had revealed itself to me was in the impact of the experience. It meant physical death to your body, or at least a death-like calamity.
- I tried to force myself to be normal, but couldn't talk to people. When my friend noticed I was disturbed, and asked me the reason, I told her of the incident. I continued to feel that something grave was peeping over the horizon.
- In the late afternoon when I was working, suddenly out of nowhere a deep tidal wave of relaxation overpowered me again. My eyes closed and a bright purple color appeared all over in front of me, amidst which you appeared again in your fullest glory, beaming. Beautiful flowers were popping open all around you like bubbles -- it was psychedelic! I felt now fully assured that no real harm was going to come to your body. Whatever calamities came would pass away, and a more-glorious-than-ever phase for you and your people would follow.
- In the later months a great calamity did come to your body in the form of your illegal arrest by the power-blinded U.S. government -- which was a physical threat to your life. Now, in the light of the first part of my story turning into a reality, it is quite natural for me to feel that the second part of the story has already started turning into a reality, slowly slowly.
- Beloved Master, would you like to comment?
- Question 5
- Beloved Osho, a glimpse of your eyes, a flash of total love -- it happens in a second but stays forever.
- Osho, how could this happen?
- Question 6 from Sw Milarepa
- Beloved Osho, most of humanity lives to eat and sleep, work, accumulate power and money, or to propogate itself.
- Beloved Master, what do you live for?
|◄ Previous event
|Next event ►
|◄ Previous in series
|Next in series ►