Talk:Sukh Aur Shanti (सुख और शांति)
|Shailendra's PDF (*1)||Oshoganga||book editions||Dates & Places|
|Sukh Aur Shanti ~ 01||#1||1. अमृत-बिंदु||1. अमृत-बिंदु||1. अमृत-बिंदु||19 Mar 1966 pm, Azad Chowk, Patan GJ|
|Sukh Aur Shanti ~ 02||#2
|2. भागना नहीं, जागना
|2. भागना नहीं, जागना||2. भागना नहीं, जागना||20 Mar 1966 am, New Market, Maneklal Jethalal Town Hall, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad|
|Sukh Aur Shanti ~ 03 (*2)||#3||3. परिधि नहीं, केंद्र है महत्वपूर्ण||3. परिधि नहीं, केंद्र है महत्वपूर्ण||3. परिधि नहीं, केंद्र है महत्वपूर्ण||20 Mar 1966 pm, New Market, Maneklal Jethalal Town Hall, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad|
|Sukh Aur Shanti ~ 04||#4||4. आदर्श नहीं, तथ्य||4. आदर्श नहीं, तथ्य||4. आदर्श नहीं, तथ्य||4 Dec 1966 pm, Lions Club Lashkar, Poona|
|Sukh Aur Shanti ~ 05||#5||5. विधायक संकल्प||5. विधायक संकल्प||5. विधायक संकल्प||29 Dec 1966 am, Paratwada MH|
|Sukh Aur Shanti ~ 06||#6
(at 0:52:16 small break - joining of audio parts)
|6. क्षण में भगवान + 10. जीवन ही आनंद है (*3)||6. क्षण में भगवान||6. क्षण में भगवान (first part) + 10. जीवन ही आनंद है||3 Mar 1967 pm, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand (GJ)|
|meditation part from Jeevan Geet ~ 03 with omissions (*4)||previous PDF version, last part of ch.6, p.84-86||6. क्षण में भगवान (second part)||--|
|Sukh Aur Shanti ~ 07||#7||7. अनूठी दिशा||7. अनूठी दिशा||7. अनूठी दिशा||15 Jan 1967 am, Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad|
|Dharm Aur Anand ~ 09||
||8. परिपूर्ण स्वीकृति||
||Satya Ki Pahli Kiran (सत्य की पहली किरण), 1995ed., ch.4 (partly)||17 Jan 1967 am, Sagar Pragati Mandal, Ahmedabad (*5)|
|Sukh Aur Shanti ~ 09||#9
|9. अमृत-मंथन||9. अमृत-मंथन
|q.3 published as ch. 4 of Kaha Kahun Us Des Ki (कहा कहूं उस देस की)||1967?, a camp? (*6)|
|Sukh Nahin Anand Khojen ~ 01||previous PDF version, ch 11. सुख नहीं, आनंद||11. सुख नहीं, आनंद||Sukh Nahin Anand Khojen (सुख नहीं आनंद खोजें), 1974ed.||10 Feb 1970, Patna|
|Sukh Aur Shanti ~ 12||previous PDF version, ch 12. विश्वास नहीं, विवेक||12. विश्वास नहीं, विवेक||1967?|
- (*1) This is new updated version of Shailendra's PDF from 19.07.2020. See details about difference below.
- (*2) Alt. title for this talk is Karm Aur Dhyan, see Talk:Karm Aur Dhyan (कर्म और ध्यान).
- (*3) These two audios are halves of one event. Duration of 6th audio stated on osho.com site (88 min) should be 53 min according to the audio.
- (*4) Erroneous part from other series misteriously included as end instead missing last part. Right text for end of ch.6 was found in ch.10. See details below.
- (*5) About date and place see footnote (*3) on Talk:Dharm Aur Anand (धर्म और आनंद).
- (*6) Talk starts by "Many questions remain in your two days, some I have discussed." Given in camp on 3rd day?
Patan is located about 100 km North of Ahmedabad fwiw. Since the source connecting it with Sukh Aur Shanti is unknown, there's no need to be attached to that connection as a fact.
The main event here, such as it is, is the audio info. The usual free download places have nine discourses. Osho.com offers ten in its audiobook but notes that #9 and #10 have parts missing. Osho World has twelve in its audiobook offering, the first ten being the same as osho.com's, plus two more. They are presented below. -- Sarlo (talk) 09:10, 19 July 2014 (PDT)
Dates and Places info supplied by Jagdish has given us a rough sketch of the time frame, with some details still missing. Comments below.
- 1. Mar 19 1966 pm Azad Chowk, Patan GJ
- 2. Mar 20 1966 am New Market, Maneklal Jethalal Town Hall, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad
- 3. Mar 20 1966 pm New Market, Maneklal Jethalal Town Hall, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad
- 4. Dec 4 1966 pm Lions Club, Lashkar, Pune
- 5. Dec 29 1966 am Paratwada (NE Maharashtra)
- 6. Mar 3 1967 pm Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand GJ
- 7. Jan 15 1967 am Gujarat Vidyapith, Ahmedabad
- 8. Jan 17 1967 am Ahmedabad
- 9. no date Meditation Camp Q&A
- 10. no date
- 11. no audio
- 12. no audio
1. We can see that the info about "Patan" does have some validity, but it is rather thin, applying apparently only to the first talk. "Azad Chowk" could not be found in Patan in a current G**gle map but it is a small town and perhaps does not have its map enthusiasts. Azad Chowk ("Freedom Square") exists in many Indian cities, so no reason why not Patan. As for a camp in Patan, that remains still possible, as info on the last four discourses is incomplete, but at least point to a camp somewhere.
- ch.10 is part of 6th talk.
- ch.11 - talk in Patna on 10 Feb 1970.
- It seems those 4 chapters unlikely related with one unknown camp.--DhyanAntar 13:18, 5 December 2020 (UTC)
2. "Maneklal Jethalal Town Hall, Ellisbridge", a hand-written addition, has been seen before as such. See Talk:Tamso Ma Jyotirgamaya (तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय) for more on that. And again, as in 1, "Patna" has been corrected.
3. And we can get a sense of the reason(s) for the different numbers, 9, 10 and 12. -- doofus-9 22:50, 17 March 2019 (UTC)
Sarlo, you stated incorrect period "Mar 19 1966 to Mar 3 1966".--DhyanAntar 04:20, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
Good spotting, fixed now. And about that talk on Mar 3 1967, it turns out to have a collision with Shiksha Mein Kranti (शिक्षा में क्रांति) #3: same date, same time, same place (sort of, with different points of reference), see the timeline. Source for that Shiksha event is the CD-ROM, which we don't gainsay lightly, so perhaps they are not really in conflict, perhaps it is all one happy event, a collusion rather than a collision. -- doofus-9 08:38, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
They are checked and are different for sure.--DhyanAntar 06:59, 1 June 2020 (UTC)
A part of ch.3 (of Shailendra's PDF) available on OshoWorld incorrectly in audio Sakshi Ki Sadhana #10 from 48:42.--DhyanAntar 12:32, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
OW audio Sukh Aur Shanti #6:
- before 52m 16s (end of recording of event incomplete) = Shailendra's PDF ch.6 from p.75 (beginning of the chapter) to p.84
- after 52m 16s (beginning of event incomplete) = Shailendra's PDF ch.10
In middle of p.84 of Shailendra PDF it is given note: first line is not recognizable, then
- "Note: It seems after reading Dariya Dekhe Janiye that this discourse is complete in itself. Upper part.......lower part is a part of another discourse ..... Please check Fariya Dekhe Janiye .....old book number 6 there is some other matter which is not typed ......
- "Note: lower matter became matter number #10 of this series.
- "Dariya Dekhe Janiye old book number 6 last part"
After these notes there follows a night meditation of Jeevan Geet ~ 03 with omissions.--updated.--DhyanAntar 10:49, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
9th OW audio is ch.9 of Shailendra's PDF. Both incomplete, but it is complete in new 9-chapter version from him.
Shailendra provided 9-chapter version of doc file, which matches to OW audios. It has following differences with his previous PDF:
- ch.1-5, 7-8 matches in both versions;
- ch.6 (p.75-mid.of 84) + ch.10 (from PDF) is ch.6 in new version;
- ch.9 is complete in new version (the end of event is taken from other Shailendra's PDF Kaha Kahun Us Des Ki (कहा कहूं उस देस की) ch.4 (there is presented only last question);
- ch.11-12 (from PDF) are not presented in new version (perhaps because they do not have audios).
--DhyanAntar 03:56, 20 July 2020 (UTC)
- OW audio #9 starts from beginning event, q.3 there is incomplete. Osho.com audio has the same problem. However q.3 is available in complete form in his other PDF Kaha Kahun Us Des Ki as ch.4.--DhyanAntar 06:06, 13 September 2020 (UTC)
Ch.11 of Shailendra's PDF matches with Sukh Nahin Anand Khojen (सुख नहीं आनंद खोजें). The booklet has date and place of the talk. Related event Sukh Nahin Anand Khojen ~ 01 to be renamed?--DhyanAntar 09:55, 25 November 2020 (UTC)
A couple of extracts from text (source: Shailendra's PDF, new version with 9 chapters):
ch.4: "But we have all been taught, to believe, reverence and faith do not allow our lives to develop in the conscience. Should be the opposite, it should be taught to us, not faith, not recognition, reverence and faith; rather awareness of discrimination.... So the first thing is to be free from faith, and give the conscience an opportunity to awaken your own conscience. Only a man who has got the power of his conscience, his thought, can be able to solve the problems of life." (first sutra)
"The first thing I request is that there should be a continuous effort to awaken one's own conscience and to be free from alien thoughts. (First sutra) And the second request that is related to this, which is related to this, I want to do this, people who try to live on the basis of ideals also turn life into problems." (Third sutra)
"I told you three sutras, Not faith but discrimination, Not great man but self, Not ideal but fact."
--DhyanAntar 04:06, 15 December 2020 (UTC)